The 4 Most Common Air Conditioner Repair Issues
If your air conditioner isn’t working, it can be frustrating and time-consuming to diagnose the problem. So you might be wondering what steps you should take when trying to fix an issue with your AC. This article lists the most common problems with ACs and how to resolve them.
What are the 4 Most Common Issues with Air Conditioners?
Air conditioning is one of the most important appliances in a home. It keeps us comfortable during hot summers and cold winters. However, air conditioning can also be one of the most common appliance repairs.
The four most common air conditioner repair issues are:
- Leaks: If there is a leak in your AC unit, the cool air will not reach your room. This can cause your room to become too hot or too cold. Leaks can also cause damage to your AC unit.
- Compressor Failure: A compressor failure can cause your AC to stop working. This can be very dangerous because it can result in high levels of humidity in the room. High levels of humidity can cause wood floors and furniture to rot.
- Circuit Issues: A circuit issue can occur when there is a problem with the wiring in your home. This problem can prevent your AC from working at all. It can also cause your AC to work sporadically or intermittently.
- Poorly Maintained Systems: Air conditioning systems need to be regularly cleaned and inspected by a professional. If they are not properly maintained, they may become faulty over time.
How can you tell if your air conditioner requires repairs?
If your air conditioner is not cooling your home or office as it should, there is a good chance it needs repairs. It’s important to check it regularly for repairs. You can check your air conditioner’s condition by looking at the filter. If it’s dirty or has chunks of dirt, construction material, or other debris in it, your air conditioner may need repairs.
You can also check your air conditioner’s compressor by looking at the fan. If the fan is not turning or is making strange noises, your air conditioner may need repairs. And finally, you can check your air conditioner’s evaporator coil by blowing into it from a distance and checking for a white cloud of condensation. If the coil is wet, your AC may require repairs. Here are some signs that your AC unit may need attention:
- Your AC unit is making strange noises
- Your AC unit is not working as well as it used to
- You see water or ice on the coils of your AC unit
- The outdoor temperature is above 95 degrees Fahrenheit
If you notice any of these signs, it’s time to call an expert to take a look at your system. Area Wide Services in Corsicana, TX can help you determine which repairs are necessary and schedule them for you.
What are some possible solutions for a problem with your AC?
If you’re experiencing problems with your air conditioning, there are a number of possible solutions. One option is to try changing the filters. Filters help to remove dirt, dust, and other debris from the air conditioner’s compressor. If the problem is related to the AC unit itself, you may need to have it replaced. Other common repairs include replacing the indoor unit or fixing leaks in the hoses and ducts. If the problem is not easily fixed, you may be able to fix it by adjusting the settings on your AC unit or using a fan to cool down your home.
All of these solutions will require some effort on your part. However, if you take care of your AC unit and have it repaired when necessary, it should last for a long time.
How often should your AC be serviced?
ACs are one of the most important parts of your home, and they need to be serviced on a regular basis to keep them running smoothly. Here are some of the most common AC repair issues:
- AC unit not cooling or freezing: In this situation, the AC unit is not working correctly and is not able to cool or freeze your home. This can be caused by a broken fan belt, clogged filters, or a failed compressor. In order to fix this issue, you will need to take your AC unit apart and replace any of the above mentioned parts.
- Noisy AC unit: If your AC unit is making weird noises, it may be because of a faulty motor. In order to fix this issue, you will need to replace the motor.
- Water leaking from AC unit: If you notice water leaking from your AC unit, it may be because of a broken seal or damaged HVAC ducts. In order to fix this issue, you will need to replace the seal or ducts.
We recommend our Preventative Maintenance service to keep your system running clean and smooth!
Call Area Wide Services For Your New A/C Installation!
If you’re like most homeowners, your air conditioner is a vital part of your home. And, since it can be tough to keep it running smoothly all year round, it’s important to know the most common air conditioning repair issues. From filters to condensers, these are the problems that can crop up and require attention from a technician. If you suspect that your AC unit needs repairs, don’t hesitate to call in a professional — they’ll be able to diagnose the issue and provide you with an estimate for repairs or replacement.
If you’re in the market for a new air conditioner, then you should definitely give Area Wide Services a call! We offer a wide variety of A/C units to choose from, and our experienced team can help you find the perfect one for your needs. We also offer A/C installation services, so we can take care of everything for you.
Area Wide Services is one of the top heating and cooling companies in the area. We offer a wide range of services, including installation, repairs, and maintenance. We are experts in this field, and we are here to help you with any questions you might have.
We specialize in installing and repairing HVAC and refrigeration systems such as air conditioners, heaters, heat pumps, furnaces, commercial refrigerators, freezers, ice machines, walk-in freezers, and more. Call Area Wide Services at (903) 467-5620 today!