Set The Standard Terms and Conditions
OFFER 1: FINANCING
0% APR, 36 equal monthly payments required
- Dealers may offer 0% APR for 36 months.
- Dealers may offer 0% APR for 48 or 60 months. The dealer is responsible for the cost difference.
Customer Care dealers have the exclusive opportunity to buy up to 72 months. The dealer is responsible for the cost difference between 48 months and 72 months.
Financing offers apply only to American Standard Qualifying Equipment as listed in the chart found later in this document that are financed under the American Standard/Wells Fargo program and will not apply to any incremental purchases/charges placed on the Wells Fargo Home Projects® card issued by Wells Fargo Bank, N.A
OFFER 2: INSTANT REBATE
Up to $1000 when consumers purchase certain Qualifying Equipment with the potential to add a $150 bonus if conditions are met.
Consumers may receive a bonus rebate incentive if the following conditions are met when they purchase a qualifying American Standard system:
Nexia® Bonus: $150 bonus when the following are added to a Silver 15 system, as defined in Exhibit A:
Qualifying American Standard system purchased: Silver 15 System
Rebate associated with system purchase: $100
Nexia® Bonus when thermostat is included with purchase: $150
Total rebate: $100 + $150 bonus = $250
Sales must be completed during the following time period:
Standard Promotion Periods
- Purchase period: March 15 – May 31, 2018
- Installation on both Rebate and Finance jobs and Funding from Wells Fargo: March 15 – June 15, 2018
- Submission via Promotional Claim Center (PCC): March 15 – June 30, 2018
Claim must be submitted no later than 30 days after sales date.
Customer Care Extended Promotion Period:
- Purchase period: June 1 – June 30, 2018
- Installation on both Rebate and Finance jobs and Funding from Wells Fargo: June 1 – July 15, 2018
- Submission via Promotional Claim Center (PCC): June 1– July 30, 2018
Claim must be submitted no later than 30 days after sales date
American Standard IWD’s (hereinafter referred to as “Distributor”) that have elected to participate and their participating independent American Standard dealers, as defined as below are eligible to participate in this program:
- Participating, independent American Standard Dealer must have a signed 2018 Dealer Sales Agreement or other signed, current, and active dealer sales agreement on file with the Distributor & be in good standing with the Distributor (“Dealer”); and
- In order to offer the financing promotion, the Dealer must be enrolled and in good standing with Wells Fargo; and
- Residential homeowners must purchase Qualifying Equipment from a participating Dealer during the Effective Period; and
- All installations must be located in the United States.
Qualifying Equipment and Sales
Only Qualifying Equipment as defined in this Sales Plan is eligible for any of the above-stated program options as detailed in Exhibit A. All offers are based on product availability. No substitutions or exceptions will be granted.
- “Qualifying Equipment” under this Plan is defined as a:
- System (eligible Outdoor unit + matching Furnace or Air Handler+ Nexia® control as listed below); or
- System (eligible Outdoor unit + matching Furnace or Air Handler + control as listed in the chart below); or
- Package Unit + Nexia® Control as listed in the chart below)
- Nexia® connected controls that exist under this Plan are:
- American Standard Oil Furnaces are not eligible for this promotion.
- Substitutions using Trane components are not allowed and will not be reimbursed
- Dealer sales to a builder without a direct homeowner purchase at the time of sale are not eligible under this Plan.
- Advertising materials are available in a pre-written or customizable format through ASDealerNet/Marketing Center/MAX.
New promotional templates will be available to download for use in advertising.
- All advertising for this Plan must adhere to the guidelines defined herein and by the Distributor. Advertising that does not follow these guidelines will not be eligible for MAF funding.
- All advertising must include Plan sales dates. This may be in the body of the ad or the disclaimer.
- Advertising that mentions any finance offer (i.e., 0% APR for 36 months) MUST include the appropriate disclaimer.
- Dealers and Distributors are encouraged to use the pre-approval review process within MAX to ensure co-op eligibility prior to placing the advertisement.
Regulatory and Disclaimer Information
Dealer must comply with all Wells Fargo advertising requirements, including any and all regulatory information and disclaimer information, contained on the Wells Fargo Online Resource Center.
The instructions below are for reference only. You must use the Wells Fargo advertising requirements on the Wells Fargo Online Resource Center that can be found by visiting: https://retailservices.wellsfargo.com/programs/df3080921/en_US/pdfs/advertising_requirements.pdf
- Check your price sheet to make sure the promotion you’re advertising is available.
- Use the correct disclosure. All mentions of financing require one.
- Ads that use trigger terms (such as 0% or No interest) require the most disclosure.
- Make any disclosures and limitations of your offer clear and conspicuous to the customer
- Minimum purchase or down payment: If you require either of these, you must incorporate it into the advertising mention
- Expiration date: if the offer is not always available ensure you include an expiration date.
- Follow the minimum type size requirements for disclosures:
- Print—8 point font
- Digital—10 point font
- Do not use these words or phrases: Interest-free, Same as cash, As low as, Up to, Easy financing, No credit check.
- Avoid using the word “save;” there must be a clear separation between “save” and a financing offer.
- Effective dates must be included either in the disclaimer or the body of the ad.
Disclaimer must be included in all advertising mentioning this offer.
PROMOTIONS WITH INSTANT REBATE MENTION ONLY (no financing mention)
*See your independent American Standard Dealer for complete program eligibility, dates, details and restrictions. Available through participating independent American Standard Dealers. Special instant rebates from $100 up to $1,000. All sales must be to homeowners in the United States. Void where prohibited. Valid on qualifying systems only. Offer expires x/xx/xxxx.
GENERAL FINANCING PROMOTIONS (fewest requirements)
General financing promotions can be used anytime or when it’s more practical due to space limitations.
- Choose your general headline
- Looking to pay over time? Special financing available.*
- [XX] months special financing available*
- Buy now, pay over time*
- Financing that fits your budget*
- Payments that fit your budget*
- Add a general disclosure
- Choose one:
- * Subject to credit approval. Ask for details.
- * With approved credit. Call for details.
For online ads only; details shown one-click away:
- * Subject to credit approval. Click here for details.
- * With approved credit. Click here for details.
SPECIAL TERMS PROMOTIONS (full disclaimers required)
- When advertising specific financing promotions, full disclosures are required.
- Trigger Terms—words or phrases that prompt additional regulatory disclosures in the headline, subhead, and/or disclosure of the advertisement to clarify the credit costs and terms that are being promoted. Trigger terms to be aware of when promoting financing include, but are not limited to:
- No Interest
- Statement of interest, such as 0% or 9.90% APR
- Monthly payment amount
Special Rate, Equal Monthly Payments (like 36 48, and 60 months) requires Headline + Full Disclosure
- How this promotion works:
- Customers make equal monthly payments with a 0% APR over a specified time period
- 0% APR continues to apply until the qualifying purchases are paid in full
- Headline examples
- 0% APR for 36 Months**
- No Interest for [X] Years**
- Full disclosure required:
*See your independent American Standard Dealer for complete program eligibility, dates, details and restrictions. Special financing offers valid on qualifying equipment only. All sales must be to homeowners in the United States. Void where prohibited.
**The Wells Fargo Home Projects credit card is issued by Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., an Equal Housing Lender. Special terms apply to qualifying purchases charged with approved credit. The special terms APR will continue to apply until all qualifying purchases are paid in full. The monthly payment for this purchase will be the amount that will pay for the purchase in full in equal payments during the promotional (special terms) period. The APR for Purchases will apply to certain fees such as a late payment fee or if you use the card for other transactions. For new accounts, the APR for Purchases is 28.99%. If you are charged interest in any billing cycle, the minimum interest charge will be $1.00. This information is accurate as of 3/13/2018 and is subject to change. For current information, call us at 1-800-431-5921. Offer expires xx/xx/xx
For TV and Radio Only:
- Eligible disclaimer:
*See your independent American Standard Dealer for details.
**Call 888-840-8084 for financing program details about credit costs and terms. Regular APR is 28.99% for newly opened accounts. APR may vary. Subject to credit approval. Offer expires xx/xx/xxxx/.
DEALER ADMINISTRATION NOTES/ADDITIONAL NOTES
- Validate Dealer information on ASDealerNet.
- Dealers MUST use the National Promotion Specific Plan Codes as identified in this Sales Plan when funding with Wells Fargo. Failure to utilize the appropriate Plan code may result in inappropriate funding/reimbursement and adjustments will not be accommodated post funding/claims.
- For any Qualifying System using the financing offer, American Standard’s and Distributor’s combined reimbursement obligation is subject to a maximum reimbursement amount as set forth in Exhibit B (“Maximum Dealer Financing Reimbursement”). Any sale by Dealer of a Qualifying System that exceeds the “Corresponding Amount Financed,” will only be reimbursed up to the corresponding Maximum Dealer Financing Reimbursement amount in Exhibit B. Dealer will be solely responsible for any financed amount that exceeds the Corresponding Amount Financed in Exhibit B.
- 0% APR with 36 equal monthly payments
Plan code: 3406
- 0% APR with 48 equal monthly payments
Plan code: 3407
- 0% APR with 60 equal monthly payments
Plan code: 3424
- 0% APR with 72 equal monthly payments *Customer Care Dealers ONLY
Plan code: 3440
- Dealer agrees to be debited the discount rate in its entirety by Wells Fargo at the time of funding. The Dealer will then submit for reimbursement of the American Standard/Distributor share through the Promotional Claim Center (PCC).
- IWD Dealers will be reimbursed from their Distributor at minimum on a monthly basis.
- Please Refer to Exhibit B for Financing Plan Codes, Reimbursement Amounts, and Maximum Dealer Credits
- Please be aware of the maximum dealer finance reimbursement listed in Exhibit B.
- The dealer will be responsible for any finance charges incurred that exceed the maximum finance reimbursement by product. The dealer must cover the difference between the actual finance charges and the maximum reimbursement, plus their original financing percentage.
- Example 1 (within maximum amount eligible for IWD and American Standard contribution):
- Customer Care Dealer A sells a Platinum 20 Variable Speed System for $13,000. The homeowner chooses the 36 Month Financing Option.
- Under the current finance rates, the dealer will receive 88.53% of the Total Job funding from Wells Fargo. Wells Fargo’s fee is 11.47% for that rate plan.
- The dealer will enter the system, customer, and sales information on PCC and receive a credit from their distributor for $1138.87 (which is inclusive of both American Standard and IWD contribution).
- The dealer is ultimately responsible for $352.23 of the finance charge of the original $1491.10 (which is withheld by Wells Fargo during processing)
- Example 2 (EXCEEDS maximum amount eligible for IWD and American Standard contribution):
- Customer Care Dealer A sells a Platinum 20 Variable Speed System for $16,000 (maximum amount eligible for IWD and American Standard contribution on this Qualifying Equipment is $14,000 –see corresponding Column C in Ex. B). The homeowner chooses the 36 Month Financing Option.
- The dealer will enter the system, customer, and sales information on PCC and receive a credit from their distributor for $1314.08 (which is inclusive of both American Standard and IWD contribution – see Column B).
- The dealer is ultimately responsible for $521.12 of the finance charge of the original $1835.20 [$1835.2 – $1314.08 = $521.12] (which is withheld by Wells Fargo during processing).
***Please note this finance offer includes fixed reimbursement percentages. The Dealer contribution will vary based on financed amount and the Dealer’s Customer Care program participation. Please check the percentages on the Dealer reimbursement chart included in this document for your reporting purposes.
- Dealer will complete the financing process through the American Standard Wells Fargo financing program and provide Wells Fargo with the appropriate Plan Number.
- Wells Fargo will fund the Dealer as usual minus the applicable discount rate.
- The Dealer will enter a claim on the Promotional Claim Center (PCC) and will subsequently be reimbursed the American Standard/Distributor portion.
- Dealer should use the serial number found on the equipment, not the invoice.
- Dealer must have the Wells Fargo consumer account number in order to enter a claim.
- Claims submitted after 30 days from the date of sale will not be processed. No exceptions.
- Claims must be timely submitted by the dealer and will be processed through the Promotional Claim Center – PCC (accessible via ASDealerNet).
- Accept Terms and Conditions on Promotional Claim Center (PCC) while submitting the first claim against the Plan (once the Terms & Conditions are accepted, this step will not be necessary for all subsequent claims under the Plan).
- Dealers must claim all open programs against a product/system sales at the same time. Claims will lock once payment is processed and will not be able to be changed to ensure eligibility for other programs.
- All claims will be validated on:
- Approved participating Dealer
- Program periods (sales, installation, submission) by cost center
- Qualifying Equipment
- Valid/non-duplicated serial numbers
- Confirmation of correlating Wells Fargo funding of job and dollar amount
- Additional information which will be verified:
- Consumer name
- Valid address based on Melissa (Post Office) data
- Valid phone number
- Financing claims may vary by a few pennies based on rounding and carrying of decimals in the dealer/American Standard reimbursement split.
- Agree to abide by all Sales Plan parameters and will only be reimbursed for claims following these guidelines.
- Note: Dealers will be able to complete the application process via Wells Fargo up to 3 business days from the sales date and complete the funding process via Wells Fargo up to 3 business days after the installation date in order to give time to close out the financing process.
- Claims failing to validate on the above points will be denied. If upon audit, it is found that reimbursement was received on any claim that is later determined to be ineligible; Dealer will be billed back in full and or invoiced, at American Standard’s sole discretion, all consumer and processing costs associated with the program.
- All Rebate Amounts are to be split 50% Dealer, 25% IWD, and 25% American Standard.
- Nexia® Bonus of $150 is paid 50% by the Dealer, 25% by IWD and 25% by American Standard.
Note: Dealers entering claims should carefully review each eligible program listed on the second screen during the claim process. In addition, the dealer should review the submission at the end of the claim process and make sure all entries are correct and complete before submitting. Adjustments will not be made for claims submitted under the wrong promotion name or against the wrong plan code. Adjustments will not be made for equipment that is omitted during the claim.
Legal Requirements for Distributors and Dealers
THIS DOCUMENT CONTAINS CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY OR TRADE SECRET INFORMATION OF AMERICAN STANDARAD HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING. IT MAY NOT BE DISCLOSED TO ANY THIRD PARTY WITHOUT PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT FROM AMERICAN STANDARD HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING OR ITS AFFILIATES. DISTRIBUTOR/DEALER MAY BE LIABLE FOR ANY UNAUTHORIZED DISTRIBUTION.
The information provided herein is considered confidential and proprietary information of American Standard Heating & Air Conditioning, a business of Ingersoll-Rand Company. and its affiliates (“American Standard Heating & Air Conditioning”). It is provided for the sole purpose of permitting the recipient to promote American Standard Heating & Air Conditioning products and services. Recipient agrees to maintain the confidentiality of all proprietary, trade secret information, including confidential pricing data provided in this document. The Recipient hereby agrees that it will not at any time disclose this confidential information or material, in whole or in part, to any person or entity for any reason or purpose whatsoever, unless American Standard Heating & Air Conditioning gives its consent, in writing, to such disclosure, except as required by law. The agreement to maintain the confidentiality of this information extends to any employees, pre or future, involved in the work desired and who will have access to the information. These employees will hold the information in confidence in accordance with this agreement and use the information only in the performance of their employment. Recipient agrees to review this agreement and its terms with employees and will obtain their agreement with the terms of this agreement before providing them with any American Standard Heating & Air Conditioning confidential information.
Amendments, Modifications, or Exceptions
This Program is governed by the terms and conditions of the distributor’s/dealer’s sales and service agreement with American Standard Heating & Air Conditioning.. American Standard Heating & Air Conditioning reserves the right to amend, modify, or cancel the Program, or any portion at any time. Amendments are not effective unless they are published by American Standard Heating & Air Conditioning in formal Guidelines or are signed by an authorized American Standard Heating & Air Conditioning representative. Any exceptions to the Program guidelines must be approved in writing by an authorized American Standard Heating & Air Conditioning representative.
No Other Obligation
American Standard Heating & Air Conditioning shall have no fiduciary duties or other special duties of any kind to any distributor/dealer under the Program other than as expressly set forth in these guidelines including, but not limited to, for any actions taken by the distributor/dealer as a result of this Program.
By participating in this Program, each participating distributor/dealer warrants that its marketing Programs and initiatives are in compliance with all antitrust pricing laws and federal/state/local regulations. American Standard Heating & Air Conditioning does not undertake any legal responsibility for the local management and execution of their marketing Programs.
It is the distributor’s/dealer’s responsibility to maintain copies of supporting documentation and claim reimbursement paperwork for a minimum of 24 months after reimbursement. Prior to implementing any change in your record retention policies, please consult with your accountant and attorney to determine whether you need to retain these records for other business or legal purposes.
All reimbursements under the Program are subject to audit. If reimbursement is received on any claim that is later determined to be ineligible, the distributor’s/dealer’s account will be debited in the amount of the ineligible claim plus reasonable and customary expenses incurred for conducting the audit.
Violation of these guidelines may result in termination of the applicable Distributor Agreement or Dealer Sales Agreement or any portion thereof, including but not limited to an immediate revocation of any and all rights to use or display American Standard Heating & Air Conditioning intellectual property (logo’s, trademarks, creative).
Eligibility for Program and reimbursements are contingent upon Distributor/Dealer having an execued Distributor Agreement or Dealer Sales Agreement on file and their account being active and in good standing/current as determined solely by American Standard Heating & Air Conditioning.
TERMINATION: This sales plan is subject to termination or modification at any time by American Standard Heating & Air Conditioning.